Wednesday, August 23, 2006

THIS ONE IS NOT FOR EATING

My baby sister just text messaged me the news that this morning she expressed a male fetus weighing 6 pounds, 15 ounces. Well, okay, not expressed, because the doctors had to slice her open and extract the thing from her viscera, seeing as how it was disobligingly standing upright inside of her instead of doing a headstand like a good little fetus that wanted out of its mommy would do.

Ahem. What I mean is, congratulations to my baby sister on her baby baby. Also, sincere thanks to her for the opportunity to come up with ever more innovative, recondite, and just plain grotesque ways of talking about pregnancy and childbirth. Mostly, though, hooray for the miracle of childbirth! There's a new person in the world and he's related to me!

10 Comments:

At 12:47 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the baby baby being a giant-sized baby?

 
At 1:35 PM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

I know! It shrank, I guess.

 
At 3:15 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

Once they stand up, physical fitness is the next step.

Congrats! No one eats kin-babies anymore, anyway.

 
At 9:15 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you failed to mention baby baby's designation.

 
At 9:45 AM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Anthony Osmin Medina. And &mdash I have pictures!

Idler, I figured it was better to be clear. We wouldn't want any tragic accidents, would we?

 
At 10:10 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby cuteness! Baaaaaaabeeeee! No seriously, he's freaking cute! For, you know, being a baby and all.

Okay: "taken by dad" = good girl, Liz. She looks lovely for having just been sliced open and a creature ripped from her womb, too.

Let's hear it for weird "O" middle names!

 
At 4:16 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psssst.

Hey. IK. This one's for you:

http://www.wondermark.com/comics/162.gif

 
At 4:31 PM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Isn't he hairy too? For some reason it creeps me out a little that my sister was growing hair on the inside of her body. Possibly because I've watched too many of those hospital shows where they remove a tumor with hair and teeth that turns out to be the person's TWIN WHO DIED IN THE WOMB AND WAS SUBSEQUENTLY SUBSUMED INTO THE FLESH OF THE LIVING FETUS.

Anyway.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that she called my dad and told him a whole 12 hours before she was due to have the surgery. Good girl indeed. And he wasn't too mean about it, either, so good boy too.

The "O" name is actually her husband's first name. It's a family name, in fact. I like it.

Natter natter. That is definitely what the soft spot is for.

 
At 8:26 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

Sweet, sweet baby juice. I didn't know there were roadside stands.

 
At 8:54 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWIN WHO DIED IN THE WOMB AND WAS SUBSEQUENTLY SUBSUMED INTO THE FLESH OF THE LIVING FETUS.

What the hell kind of crazy doctor shows are you watching?! Twilight Zone espidoes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home