Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i have a thing for you all

It's some songs. Because I can.

Zager And Evans - In The Year 2525
The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health1
Smog - Whistling Teapot (Rag)2
Goldfrapp - Ride A White Horse3
Xiu Xiu - I Luv the Valley OH!
The Fiery Furnaces - We Got Back The Plague
Lou Barlow - Round-N-Round
Broken Social Scene - 7/4 (Shoreline)4
Beirut - Mount Wroclai (Idle Days)
Ben Gibbard - Farmer Chords
The Spinto Band - Oh Mandy
Shearwater - Johnny Voila
Jose Gonzalez - Deadweight on Velveteen
Timesbold - Longtime Man


1 The Knife are playing at the El Rey in L.A. on Saturday, November 4th. Tickets are $32.75. It's the only concert I've wanted to see this fall that actually works with my class schedule, so I'm seriously considering it, and homework be damned. Anyone else interested? Please?

2 The first time I heard this song I had accidentally hit the repeat button on the CD player, and I listened to it about 10 times straight through before I realized it was not actually one long, hooting, monotonous, callow, awesome song. I can wholeheartedly recommend this approach.

3 Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't see how I could be, the titular "white horse" is a Winnebago.

4 Can anyone with actual knowledge of musical theory confirm whether "7/4" is a reference to the time signature of this song?


1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

I like that Mack the Knife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home