Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Here are some random and fuzzy pictures from my cell phone.

Rainbow above the McDonald's this morning. It was much prettier than that before my camera phone got to it.

In a public bathroom along the route to Barstow. Ladii Gems is an excellent gang name, don't you think?

Gummy candy. In case you can't read that, it says: "MUSCAT GUMMY. A translucent color so alluring and taste and aroma so gentle and mellow offer admiring feelings of a graceful lady. Enjoy soft and juicy Kasugai Muscat Gummy." Also has a pleasing soft mouth feel.

Incidentally, I am now in possession of the best hoodie in the world (close-up of the image here). I wore it to Randy's family's house on Christmas, hoping to start something. However, the only comment I got was from Randy's mom, who read it carefully, laughed, and said, "Oh, how cute!" Then later, when I answered The Question by saying that I was in the same boat as Randy career-wise — i.e., the only thing one can do with the degree I'm going to end up with is to teach — his family somehow managed to interpret that to mean that I intend to teach elementary school.

In other news, my father didn't send his usual Christmas email this year (he usually sends one email to all three of us kids which says, "MERRY XMAS!!!!" and that's it). Instead, he tried to call me at home yesterday morning while I was at work. He did not want to call me on my cell phone, and instead told Randy that he would call me back last night. Shockingly, this did not happen. I wish this didn't bother me. I also wish it didn't bother me that he didn't bother to sign his own name to the Christmas card his girlfriend sent me. I wish the two sets of mixing bowls didn't bother me. I wish it didn't bother me that he sent a Christmas present to Randy (box o' socks) which demonstrates that he has an infinitely better understanding of Randy's interests than of mine.

I'm almost over Christmas, I promise. Very soon I'll stop whinging.

So, hey! It's lovely and windy and rainy out. And look at that pretty rainbow.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.duggarfamily.com

Apparently, fundamental christian belief prohibits the alteration of hairstyle after marriage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home