Wednesday, February 08, 2006

musical notes

Ha ha, do you get it? If not, just email me and I'll explain it.
  • You can listen to a song from Morrissey's new album on his MySpace page. I don't want to give anything away, but it contains the phrase "as I live and breathe." Do not read the comments on his page from Moz worshippers unless you feel like a good cry.
  • I am totally going to make friends with Morrissey on MySpace. I know once he sees all the things I said about him in my profile he will want to be my BFF.
  • Which is worse: that the Urban Outfitters in downtown Santa Barbara has a stack of copies of Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures by the cash register, or that I can tell you that from firsthand observation?
  • In related news, my love for New Order is helpless and pathetic.
  • I also cannot get enough Jose Gonzalez right now. March 21 at the Echo in L.A. Anyone else? This is a club which yesterday attempted to solicit my attendance at a wine-tasting event by sending me an email that began: "UNLIKE 'BUY A BEAR A BEER' DAY IN MONTANA, THIS CITY-SPONSORED VAGINAL REJUVENATION SURGERY INCLUDES..."
  • I figured it out: Interpol are the Editors of two years ago.
  • If you buy this t-shirt and wear it, you will immediately die, because I will immediately rip your arm off and beat you to death with it. Then you will ascend into Humorless Irony Heaven where you'll get free unlimited piercings and will get to play with Conor Oberst's hair all day. Ooh, Conor Oberst. I feel like I should be writing about him more for some reason.
This is unrelated to music, but this afternoon I stepped in dog shit for the first time in, I don't know, a decade at least. It was a nasty little atavistic thrill. Some of you will see this as some kind of sign that I've gone too far with the puppy love. But I know that if Jesus wants to tell me something, he always sends a skywriter.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shirt is absolutely horrific. /shudder

Have I told you about my brilliant emo experiment? I am going to leave a jar of "I [heart] Shosh" mini buttons at the Urban Outfitters cash register. They will be labeled "Free, Take One" or some such nonsense. I will chart how many hipsters I see running around town as an unwitting part of my fanclub over a period of X weeks. Then I will start wearing a shirt that says "U [heart] Me" or something gay like that and.... well, that's as far as my fantabulous plot has developed.

 
At 12:49 AM PST, Blogger thedrymock said...

So awesome. But on the other hand, do you really want your name associated with that kind of item? And by "item" I mean "person."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home