Tuesday, January 02, 2007

auspicious beginnings

Things I did today:
  1. Fell on the stairs on my way into work and whacked my knee hard, right across the kneecap. (Incidentally: I'm now pretty sure that it's possible literally to swear a blue streak.) I tried to take a picture of the resulting knee-goiter with my cell phone so that I could share the joy with you, my wonderful friends, but it didn't turn out very well. Maybe I'll get y'all one later, when the whole shebang turns purple.
  2. Opened a Cafe Press shop. I'm only telling you this so that you can make fun of me for being a crazy egotistical freak, and this is certainly not a request for any of you to buy anything. I'm not entirely sure why I did this, except that I love my bunny collage so, so much and it's not legal for me to marry it yet.
  3. Got a spam email with the subject line "groundhog cinematographer". It may not be the best spam I've ever gotten, but it says so much in such a little space, don't you think?
  4. Watched Rowing With the Wind. In this film, Byron (Scooby Doo) shaves his chest, shoots a bunch of stuff, and keeps a giraffe in his parlor. Or in his echoing marble foyer, rather. Also, Frankenstein's monster comes to life and (a) makes Polidori hang himself during the summer of 1816 [!] by beating him at pool, or something; (b) drowns the Shelleys' son William (their only child in this movie [!!]); (c) somehow manages to give Byron and Claire Clairmont's daughter Allegra the fever that kills her (perhaps he exudes a miasma?); (d) drowns Mr. Peanut Butter Shelley and his friend Edward Williams; and, finally, (e) hunts down Byron in Greece and whacks him too (not pictured; the miasma again, one assumes). The only thing I found even moderately believable about this film was Shelley's sheer insufferableness. But hey, we got to see him naked! Twice!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM PST, Blogger idler king said...

I needs me one Haystack Devil coffee cup anna Bunny ringer. Also, is that J.R. "Bob" Dobbs favoring bold moves on hoodies and magnets? I'm sure the Church of the SubGenius doesn't have lawyers on par with the Scientologists, but they might have Ancyente Secretes of Arcane Wyzardcrafte. So watch yourself.

 
At 11:36 AM PST, Blogger thedrymock said...

Why yes, apparently it is J.R. "Bob" Dobbs. I just liked the pipe. While I'm not concerned about any Wyzardcrafte (I am proof against it!), I am concerned that it's going to look like I'm shilling for religion. I do not hold with shilling for religion, even cynesacreligion.

If you're serious about the mug and the shirt, I will totally get them for you. It will be a chance to test out the quality of the printing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home