Sunday, January 14, 2007

disconnected thoughts on that stephen malkmus and the jicks show tonight

Stephen Malkmus is a man with a shockingly appropriate mustache.

At one point, I heard a guy in the audience say, "Stephen Malkmus' roadie looks like a young Eddie Argos."

A guy in a backwards baseball cap came up to me after the band had left the stage but before the encore and said something to me about my sense of rhythm. I couldn't make it out but I've decided to assume it was that compliment on my sense of rhythm that I've been waiting years for. He then pointed at the stage and at his head and at the stage and at his head and at the stage and at his head, and said, very deliberately, "You're very dedicated!" By which I assume he meant that I mostly looked at the stage during the show. Yeah... I'm a freak that way.

During the first part of the show, the hipster couple in front of me spent a long time bobbing up and down, up and down, up and down, all the while gently cupping each others' buttocks. I think they were being ironic.


Don't have any fun without me this week. I promise I won't have any fun without you all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home