Tuesday, June 20, 2006

edumacation

It's only my second day of school, and already I've learned a lot. To wit:
  • History should be studied because it is essential to individuals and to society, and because it harbors beauty.
  • Pursuing particular stories or types of problems, simply because they tickle the fancy, contributes to a rounded intellectual life.
  • I will need a video camera to tape myself fighting off an attacker for my online Self-Defense class. I'm not really sure what to do about this yet, since I don't have a video camera or know anyone who has one I can borrow.
  • Statistics is not a spectator sport. [Emphasis not mine.]
I've also written what I hope will be the first in a series of informative marginal notes for future users of my Freshman Composition textbook, Signs of Life in the USA: Readings on Popular Culture for Writers. My first note reads: "Roland Barthes was killed by a laundry truck while walking home after a lunch party held by Francois Mitterand. LOL."

Lastly, this has nothing to do with school, but here's a meat robot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home