Friday, May 05, 2006

rumba with me

So, most of you probably know that I'm a huge fan of shaking everyday objects in my hands, throwing them on the ground, and using my own questionable interpretations of the resulting patterns to answer vital questions about the future course of my life.* In that spirit, I present you with the following diversion.

Shuffle up your ipod or whatever, and let the first 15 songs that come up answer the following 15 questions. Do it do it do it! Come on, don't let me be the only one doing this. I promise, it's unbelievably rewarding.


How does the world see you?
Modest Mouse, "The Waydown"

Will I have a happy life?
Roky Erickson, "I Walked With A Zombie"

What do my friends really think of me?
The Clash, "Julie's In The Drug Squad"

Do people secretly lust after me?
They Might Be Giants, "The Statue Got Me High"

How can I make myself happy?
The Futureheads, "Decent Days And Nights"

What should I do with my life?
Mazzy Star, "Look On Down From The Bridge"

Will I ever have children?
The Replacements, "Within Your Reach"

What is some good advice for me?
R.E.M., "Bang And Blame"

How will I be remembered?
Bob Dylan, "Floater (Too Much To Ask)"

What is my signature dancing song?
Duran Duran, "Watching the Detectives"

What do I think my current theme song is?
Rolling Stones, "Country Honk"

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
The Kelley Deal 6000, "Skylark"

What song will play at my funeral?
Wire, "Three Girl Rhumba"
[Please, oh, please, I am dead serious about this, I'm putting it in my will.]

What type of men do I like?
Depeche Mode, "Shake The Disease"

What is my day going to be like?
Cab Calloway, "Doin' The Rumba"


*Figuratively speaking.


1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

Unreservedly awesome. I'm following your lead on my bloggitybloggityblogblogblog. I wanted "Country Honk" for my theme song, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home