Saturday, April 29, 2006

twiddle twiddle

How many fucking Interpols does the world need? I'll tell you. Just one. The one with the cute boys. Which is not this one.

Nine Black Alps are playing at Soho on May 11th. Isn't that incredibly odd? Okay, here's where they fall on my continuum of Live Acts To See. If I lived in L.A. and they were coming to L.A., I would probably not go to see them. I definitely would not drive to L.A. to see them. But I might drive across Santa Barbara to see them at the Old Folks' Live Music Venue. Who's with me? It's a Thursday.

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

I'd do that. I don't know them at all, but I can't pass up seeing a band called "the perfect midpoint between the abbatoir-blues of early Black Sabbath and the fried atmospherics of Ride" play a joint that sells seared ahi.

If you're really going, let me know and I'll buy a ticket.

 
At 3:59 PM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Yeah, I don't really know them at all either. But at least one of the two songs on their site is listenable. Yeah, I'd like to go, especially if someone would go with me.

 
At 2:28 AM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

I'll buy a ticket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home