Monday, July 14, 2008

tell me, what the hell fucking year is it?

Cause I thought it was two thousand fucking eight, but I must be wrong, because apparently Renfield still feels that his belief that women are bad drivers is eminently reasonable and based entirely on cold, hard facts, with no bias whatsoever in the interpretation. He also appears to feel that complaining about how badly women drive to me and my co-worker (also a woman) is perfectly reasonable behavior, since he seemed positively flabbergasted when I challenged him on it. But it gets even better, because then he tried to convince me that it was unreasonable of me to tell him he was full of shit by baldly stating that Asians are bad drivers too. I'm not entirely clear on what he was trying to accomplish with that, but I'm pretty sure that he was trying to tell me that if I wanted to say that Asians are bad drivers (which he simply assumed that I must, and which obviously I fucking don't because it's fucking racist horseshit), then I had to think it was reasonable for him to say that women are bad drivers, too.

And this is not to mention the "Oh, I don't mean you two, just other women," which is horseshit of a different color -- no, you don't get to take me out of a group I deeply and fundamentally identify with just so that you can trash it in front of me, you fucking douchebag. Fuck you and the horseshit you rode in on.

To paraphrase Dave Chappelle, oh! This sexism is killing me inside.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an idiot.

In my own, much smaller, world of the sexist -- I'm rather tired of people who are genuinely shocked that I wasn't rooting for Hillary. Because, you know, I'm a woman. Just like I'm supposed to vote for Obama if I'm black.

 
At 3:19 PM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Yeah, that's a good one. Although I was a Hillary supporter, and a huge part of the reason I picked her over her very similar opponent is because she is a woman who has fought hard for women's rights for decades. It's not like I would have voted for, I don't know, Ann Coulter or somebody just because she has a vagina, but, among other things:
* Clinton had the most gender-parity in her campaign staff of any of the Democratic candidates (if I recall correctly, even John "I Hate Women And I'm Proud Of It" McCain is better on that than Obama); and more women being given the opportunity to act on the highest political levels means more women's voices actually being listened to, which means maybe someday women stop being considered a "special interest group";
* Clinton has the stronger track record on women's rights overall, since she's made it a primary focus of her entire career; and
* the fact that we haven't had a female President in the entire 232 fucking year history of our nation is a powerful message to girls and women that they're still not considered as capable as men. Putting a woman in the White House would do a lot to change that -- especially since had she won, she would have won despite constant misogyny directed at her from every quarter.

Anyway, it's certainly not that I think all women should have automatically voted for Hillary. I'm primarily cheesed off that people seem to think that all of the above factors weren't a good enough reason to vote for her. You know, the people who reduce all those reasons for choosing her over her very similar opponent to "she has a vagina and I do too." (Note: there are also plenty of people, like you said, who do the same with Obama and race and that sucks too.)

Anyway. Now that she lost I just get people assuming that I'm so angry about it that I'm going to vote for John "Fuck Women" McCain instead. Because woman hold irrational grudges, you see, and don't know what's good for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home