Wednesday, November 01, 2006

one-liners: thriller, thriller night

  • ~~~~Self-indulgence spoiler~~~~ Ah, me, alas. I miss two weeks ago, when my mind was clear, I could understand poetry, and I felt happy and smart and funny and pretty. What is the deal with that going away.
  • Ladies and gentlement, I present to you Banana Nutrament. Read the ingredients list if you like-a to barf.
  • I love lamp! No, I love The Office! Have I said that before?
  • I'm not even sure whether this (typescript here) is particularly interesting, though it must be pretty fucking exciting for the student who found it. I like how the article specifies that it's a 14-line sonnet. Also: "It was notable that a woman who suffered dramatic depression and marital difficulties had examined the concept of boredom as a college student." Uh, really? How so?
  • Someone needs to teach me how to make the Pauly Shore weasel noise.
  • Bam-a-lam. I am so getting "Fun Betty." You think I'm joking, but I'm not.
  • My pre-1800 English Lit professor has in the past informed us that he loves Francis Bacon like a son. Today he told us that Francis Bacon was "obnoxious, conceited, and probably a pedophile," because "you know, he collected little boys." Then he told us that Bacon died of stuffing ice into a chicken. Then he told us that Bacon suffered from a stomach ailment, his remedy for which was to rest a litter of newborn puppies on his stomach every night. Also, Bacon invented the pistol silencer and the microwave oven, thought in axioms, was heavy into food preservation, and wrote bad poetry. I'm... well, no, I have nothing at all to add to that.
  • You must watch this right now. I'm not telling you what it is beforehand. Just do it, okay? For me?
  • I had a hankering to watch more talking cats, but YouTube, for the very first time ever, was a grave disappointment to me. Still, these two are kind of funny. The second one I'm pretty sure is talking in Japanese.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:26 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how they manage to combine all the essential elements of MJ with the traditional bad Indian-pop/Bollywood moves (including the girl/guy crossover thing). Oh, India, you make me laugh.

As do you, Miss Pie. Though I don't think, technically, you're allowed to talk about pink ladies and bacon in the same blog. winka winka

 
At 8:58 AM PST, Blogger idler king said...

I'm curious about the packaging for masculine public hair dye (because the genital mane can in no way become more distinguished). Actually, I'm surprised; I didn't think anyone was supposed to have body hair of any kind anymore.

Now, you know my mad love for zombies, and "Thriller" makes a rare case for the nimble zombie. Surely there are more exacting curried carcass choreographies to do it justice. Loved the "shantih, shantih, shantih" part all the same.

Also, if cats will agree to stop making people noises, I will cease saying, "Mewmewmewmew."

 
At 11:11 AM PST, Blogger thedrymock said...

I particularly love the head bobbing action, myself. I thought about pointing out the "shantih, shantih, shantih" bit, but I was too lazy to look up how to spell it.

Shosh, you know how I love to push the envelope with regard to sanctioned blog topic combinations.

Idler, I believe you're still allowed to have some small amount of pubic hair as long as you are very careful not to allow it to appear natural or anything. And there will never be masculine packing for pubic hair dye, so if you want to dye it, you're just going to have to suck it up and buy the lady version.

Also, please never stop saying "Mewmewmewmew."

 
At 2:02 PM PST, Blogger idler king said...

Damnit, I wrote "public" instead of "pubic"—it's only funny the other way round. Anyway, I'm thinking a Fu Manchu or villainous mustachios are in order, so what I'm looking for is probably more along the lines of a pubic styling cream than a dye.

Just for you (and, honestly, to spite feline kind), I will continue saying, "Mewmewmewmew" and on Sundays I'll say it through a bullhorn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home