Sunday, April 02, 2006

contrition, blah blah blah, navel-gazing, blah, awesome music!

Oh, dear. I am sorry about that last outburst. I was... er, angry. It had to do with work, and physical malaise (I'm bringing back "malaise," by the way), and you know, life in general or whatever. It passed.

I feel like one half of my posts here are inchoate bile (or sometimes, if you're lucky, relentlessly specific kvetching), and the other half are all, "I'm better now here's some puppies eeeeeee!" I see this happening, and I can't stop it. Oh uh, and I left out the parts where I talk about my blog and what I'm writing on my blog and what I think about my blog. You are staring into the mise en fucking abime here, people. Anyway, uhhh. Sorry. I'm probably an interesting person when I'm not distracted by my own navel.

As a reward for putting up with me, I present you with some good music. Unfortunately, these links will take you to MySpace, so, you know, dress accordingly.

Metal Hearts: Best song: "Gentleman's Spell"
Voxtrot: Best song: "Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives"
Slowlands: Best song: "One More Fire"
Red Pony Clock: Best song: "Hayward Gurlzz" (n.b.: This band is looking for a tuba/sousaphone player. So!)

And last but ever-so not least, the freakishly compelling Baby Dayliner. Best song: "Go On Baby" (but "Critics Pass Away" is a close second). However, none of it is quite as good without the dances. Two words: jazz hands. You can also listen to quite long clips of every song from his first album on CD Baby here.

Enjooooooooy.

5 Comments:

At 2:17 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

Jazz hands eeeeeee!

 
At 7:05 PM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

Ah. Now I remember him going "oh oh, oh oh" and pumping his fists during "Critics Pass Away." I can practically taste my $5.50 Budweiser again.

Check that progressive soul.

 
At 8:37 PM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Hahahahaha. Yeah. I don't even know whether to be embarassed that I just bought the album. It just makes me feel all high-schooly inside.

 
At 8:37 AM PDT, Blogger idler king said...

I'm officially stuck now, too. Is it possible we have no taste?

 
At 10:16 AM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Nope. Simply not possible. I think this means it's actually good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home