Tuesday, September 23, 2008

my two-year-old nephew wishes me a happy birthday



For those who don't speak Spanish, in the middle there that's my sister instructing him to kiss me, then him making kissy "ma!" noises.

I'm struck dumb by cuteness, so I'll just say that despite being sick today (which is spectacularly bad timing, since things are crazy at work and school starts day after tomorrow), I had a pretty good birthday. My boy gave me a shiny new ipod (my old one died like a month ago) and baked me not one but *two* pumpkin pies (and sang to me); I got lovely presents from friends; and the office sexist even took me to lunch and was civil (though he did make a point of telling me what a good driver his wife is -- an unspoken reference to our last argument in which he declared to me and my female co-worker that all women are bad drivers, except the two of us, he didn't know how well the two of us drive and couldn't speak to that).

Yes, that was my version of being struck dumb. And now it's time for bed. I'm in my 30s now, and I'm pretty sure the bylaws prohibit me staying up past midnight.

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not realize it was going to be quite that dark. Anthony only sits still long enough to do things like that right before bed, and the main light was out.

~lil sis

 
At 9:42 AM PDT, Blogger thedrymock said...

Well, the darkness didn't affect its cuteness. I love how he says my name, by the way. Solid gold cute.

 
At 10:35 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the violent kissing! /dies of cute overload

 

Post a Comment

<< Home